Friday 7 July 2017

CILIP HLG INTERNATIONAL BURSARY AWARD



CILIP HLG  AWARD (DAY 1: July 3rd, 2017 @LSHTM (Library & Archives Service)

WELCOME & ORIENTATION
Dear my blog users,
I wish to inform you that I am the recipient of CILIP HLG International Bursary Award. Hence I am undertaking a study trip and professional training at United Kingdom, so I will be given you bit of my daily activities update.

I was warmly welcome to The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (Library & Archives Service) by the library Head Mr. David Archer who introduced me to all the library staff and sections of the library.
He further gave me an overview history of the school and the library as well as the activities of the library and the Faculty staff (I was so surprised to find out that Barnard classification of books originator was their first Librarian).
Later in the day, I had training session with Sangha Baljit on how to use Endnote along with some Masters Degree students at the Information Technology Service. This was followed up with questions and answers with David Archer for daily assessment and evaluation.

I was privilege to visit University of London for sight-seeing and have some fun before heading to Pinner to meet Shane Godbolt (Director, Partnership in Health Information) who happened to be one of my co-host and programme planner.

Great and incredible experience indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment